Chinese Meatloaf Recipe. All-American Variation
Chinese meatloaf is the easiest and tastiest ever!
This Chinese meatloaf is extended by several vegetables—so you end up with a leaner and lighter meat loaf—and the potato flakes make it particularly smooth.
Children love it! It will be delicious served cold in sandwiches as well as hot.
If you decide to use ground turkey:
Try your best for dark turkey, go a little heavier on the seasonings, and add 2 tablespoons paprika for color.
- 2½ pounds lean ground lean beef, bison, or turkey
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup grated carrots, packed
- 1 cup natural potato flakes (health food stores)
- 1 cup coconut milk, light OK
- 1 bunch cilantro, all tough stems removed, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2–3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 eggs
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly by hand. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. Bake about 1 hour, or a little longer until the top is just firm to the touch. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
All-American Meat Loaf
If the classic is what you would prefer, replace sesame oil with olive oil, coconut milk with good natural brand ketchup, ginger, and chili sauce with your favorite seasonings: oregano, cumin, minced garlic, etc. Proceed exactly as above.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!