Smoked Salmon Lemony Green Salad Recipe.
Smoked salmon, lemon zest, chick peas, artichoke hearts, avocado?
Marriages made in salad heaven! Move over Bagels and lox! In this delightful smoked salmon salad, I did nothing more than a little flavor matchmaking and made it a main course salad.
You will find this smoked salmon salad quite elastic:
Substitute whatever interesting salad greens you will find on shopping day for the ones I have selected, all good and colorful: tomatoes, fresh corn, beans etc….
- 2 heads Boston or other good quality salad greens, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces good quality smoked salmon, cut in strips
- 2 cups canned chick peas
- 1 10-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 3 roasted red peppers, bottled OK, sliced thin
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons prepared white horseradish (or 2 tablespoons wasabi mixed with a little water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl until well mixed and emulsified.
Arrange all salad ingredients nicely in a salad platter, and pour the dressing over.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!